Services Grant Support Team
The Grant Support Team of IXA UvA-HvA provides tailor made support for applications for research projects.
On this page:
Ways of providing support
- Finding the right opportunity: Together with you we determine what the right funding possibilities are to apply for.
- Brainstorm session: We help you in organizing a brainstorm session where your proposal outline will be discussed with colleagues, to fine-tune the project ideas.
- Feedback on proposal: We will give you feedback and, if necessary, contribute to getting feedback from colleagues.
- Interview training: When you are invited for an interview, Grant Support advisors give feedback on the presentation and provide you with training. For a training session your colleagues (close and somewhat further away) and the Grant Support advisors will be invited.
- Rebuttal: Grant Support advisors gives feedback on your response to the reviewers comments.
IXA UvA-HvA has access to and/or is member of many information networks, like the VSNU (the Association of Netherlands Universities), EUPMAN (the EU Project Managers Association in The Netherlands), LERU League of European Research Universities), NWO (Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research), RVO (Previously Agentschap NL, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland)), the Horizon2020 sounding boards (klankbordgroepen) and Neth-ER (the Netherlands house for Education and Research).
We share this information with you through:
- Training and workshops
- Funding Overview Calendar
- Our Grants-up-to-Date Newsletter
- The news and events section on our website
Timeline and intensity of support
The point in time when you contact us determines how much support we can give you. For some deadlines there are many applications and we have to divide our time. As a scientist you are busy, and you might prefer to work close to the deadline, ‘under pressure’. However, if you send us your proposal shortly before the deadline we cannot guarantee to give you feedback.
Collaboration with Faculty teams
The Funding team collaborates with support staff in your Faculty on the area of research funding acquisition. See the section Support at Faculties for more information and contact details.